Does your child have an entrepreneurial spirit? We'd love to help them blossom into future business owners! Join the waitlist for Summer 2024.
The NICHE Inc. entrepreneurship summer camp for kids is a program designed to teach young children about the basics of starting and running a business.
Crooked Creek Northwest CDC in Indianapolis hosted the first NICHE Jr. camp this summer at Covenant Community Church. The camp ran from June 12 through July 28, 2023!
The goal of this camp is to inspire and teach children about entrepreneurship, so they can develop important life skills such as creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership, and financial literacy.
We invite you to join our list for the 2024 Summer Camp!
The camp includes hands-on activities, workshops, and team-building exercises to encourage children to work together and come up with innovative business ideas.
Some of the activities that children may participate in at the entrepreneurship summer camp include:
1. Brainstorming and ideation sessions: Children will be encouraged to come up with creative business ideas, work in groups and brainstorm ideas, and learn how to evaluate those ideas for feasibility.
2. Market research and validation: Children will learn how to conduct market research, assess market demand, and validate their business ideas through customer interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
3. Product development: Children learn how to design and develop a product or service that meets the needs of their target market.
4. Business planning: Children will learn how to create a business plan, develop a marketing strategy, and manage finances.
5. Pitching and presentations: Children will learn how to communicate their business ideas effectively and deliver presentations to potential investors, customers, and stakeholders.
Crooked Creek Northwest CDC has made scholarships available to those who qualify thanks to the Indianapolis Urban League, Arthur Dean Family Foundation, CICF, and The Calvin J. Kanzanjian Economic Foundation.
Our funding partners prioritize equity and inclusion and have allocated funds to provide scholarships to those that qualify. Residents of color that live in Crooked Creek CDC communities will receive priority scholarships. The CDC boundaries are 46228, 46254, 46260, 46268, and 46278.